Aerial Film Production Services in Los Angeles, CA, and Across the World
With the largest fleet of single and twin-engine turbine helicopters in the industry, Helinet has been servicing the film production community with unmatched professionalism and service since 1987.
Our roster of directors includes Michael Bay, James Cameron, F. Gary Gray, Steven Spielberg, Ron Howard, Wolfgang Peterson, and many others, reflecting the quality of our work. In addition to working with some of the industry’s hottest directors, Helinet Aviation works with the most experienced film pilots and aerial DP’s in the business and has provided aerial production services for the Transformer series; Batman vs. Superman; Insurgent; Jurassic World, The Hunger Games; Pirates of the Caribbean, as well as hundreds of other features and commercials.
Helinet is a full-service provider for all your production needs with a fleet of helicopters that includes a variety of models, from A-Star helicopters for camera and picture ships, to executive level aircraft such as the Sikorsky S76 and the Leonardo AW-109. We have a nationwide and worldwide network of contacts that can provide helicopters in any location. In addition to aircraft, Helinet can also provide the most advanced aerial camera platforms available, film or digital, Learjet camera platforms, and drones.
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE:
- The largest fleet of single and twin-engine helicopters in the industry
- Small Unmanned Aerial Systems (sUAS)
- The industry’s most skilled and experienced motion picture pilots (SAG, MPPA Membership, FAA Approved Motion Picture Safety Manual)
- State-of-the-art high-definition gyro-stabilized aerial camera systems
- Ancillary equipment, including FAA-certified bracketry, monitors, air-to-ground radios, and fuel trucks
- Support personnel, including air-to-ground services and camera technicians
- Preproduction painting and mockup
- FAA permit procurement
- Budget-sensitive solutions
- A worldwide network of aerial coordinators, cinematographers, pilots, and all types of rotor and fixed aircraft
FEATURED CAMERA SYSTEMS
Kevin LaRosa II, Vice President of Aerial Film Production
Known for his work on Iron Man (2005), The Avengers (2012) and Transformers 5 (2017), Kevin has worked on over 100 different motion picture and commercial productions. He is an ATP rated pilot trained and certified in a multitude of rotorcraft and fixed wing aircraft. He also holds type ratings in several Learjet models as well as the C-130/ L-382 Hercules and the Sikorsky S-70/ UH-60. In addition, Kevin holds an FAA Part 107 UAS rating for flying unmanned aircraft for the film and television industry.
Kevin has been working heavily in the film industry coordinating and directing multitudes of aerial film sequences in the air and on the ground for over 16 years and is a member of SAG and the Motion Picture Pilots Association.
The Artistry of Alan Purwin
As we continue to provide the very best aerial filming services in the industry, we honor where it all began with our founder, Alan Purwin – legendary pilot, visionary entrepreneur, and generous philanthropist. Alan worked on more than 100 films throughout his career. For a glimpse into Alan’s impact, we are proud to share The Artistry of Alan Purwin.